Bistre Desert
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistre Desert

A Pokemon RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zabarmitsfa
Admin

Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations. Empty
PostSubject: Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations.   Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations. Sand_dunes_7

Welcome to Bistre; a hopefully, up and coming 'literate' pokemon roleplay! The idea of preempted starter pokemon and an ongoing adventure is not originally mine, and I give this credit to Monty of
<link>Lacturn Forest<link>. Moreover, Pokemon and its affiliates are copyrights of Nintendo and Satoshi Tajiri, as you all should know.

To the point, Bistre is an unofficial desert region north of Johto and West of Sinnoh. The native pokemon were select to what was deemed most appropriate for the areas, and can be changed if need be by popular demand; however, the starter pokemon are non-negotiable, as with your character background. The characters need not be native to Bistre, but they must all be approximately ten years of age and ready to start their pokemon journey. I cannot stress this enough; if you compile a history of a Kanto / Orange Island champion, your profile will be deleted and you will either be asked to re-read the rules, or leave. Concerning pokemorphs, I will only accept one, and like the starter pokemon this will be on a first come first serve basis, and it will only be if you are a good negotiator that you will be allowed to be a morph of a pokemon not listed as a starter pokemon. In addition, as a pokemorph, I will not allow you to be a trainer, or for that matter, possess any pokemon all together. I hope this does not set too many people off. Nonetheless, when you are finished reading the rules, it might be a good idea to review the starter pokemon and PM me to reserve your preference. Since everything is so limited, there is a limit of two characters per member, at least for the moment, and even then, it's preferred you only have one...

I nearly forgot to mention, on top of main characters, you may insert a cameo performance from a champion, or whoever. However they must not spend too much time in the roleplay, or overshadow your main character. These characters may or may not have less or more time than NPCs; of which, only one is in existence, until further notice, and this is Professor Cactus. If you are a moderator and wish to create a NPC, preferably an aid or two for my professor, please notify me in advance; and if you are a member who believes there should be more NPCs, again, PM me, and I'll arrange one for you.

I hope for all members to feel heard and appreciated in the roleplay, so feel free to stay in touch! If you've simply stumbled across this roleplaying community, it would be appreciated if you would PM me immediately actually, so that I might analyze your position as a member; while those members who've received invites may go straight to character creation and roleplaying. That being said, be nice to one another, enjoy the experience, attempt to use proper grammar and accept that we all have room to improve. I want this to be fun as well as a healthy writing exercise for myself, and whoever else would like it to be; otherwise I want the other members to feel that they are accepted. Now that I'm done with my dribble, read on through the area descriptions and try to figure if this is the community for you; and if it is still fairly vacant ~ I'd advise you prepare a character and take control of the boards, and make this a place you want to be.

Two things I feel I must add as well are that although I "arrange" my own character sprites, the bases come from <link>pokemonelite2000<link>; and the pokemon sprites I use are all taken from <link>bulbapedia<link>. I use my favorite sprites of the pokemon, but once a pokemon is in the possession of your character, feel free to ask to change the sprite if your favorite one is different.
Back to top Go down
https://bistredesert.rpg-board.net

Greetings, salutations, and a few regulations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bistre Desert :: Let the sand burn your eyes... :: Welcome to Bistre!-
Jump to: